Allen County Info
Allen county is a county in Indiana USA that has a population of 355,000 residents. The largest city in the county, and also the county seat is Fort Wayne. Allen County's economy is based on manufacturing, education, health care, and agriculture. Allen County's economy has diversified to include defense and security, and insurance.
Demographic Information 2000 census:
Population - 331,849 people, 128,745 households, and 86,259 families residing in the county.
Population density - 505 people per square mile.
Racial population -
- 83.08% White,
- 11.31% Black or African American,
- 0.36% Native American,
- 1.40% Asian,
- 0.04% Pacific Islander,
- 2.02% from other races, and
- 1.79% from two or more races.
Fort Wayne is cited as having the highest Burmese refugee population in the United States, with between 3,000-3,500.
- 34.10% had children under the age of 18.
- 51.50% were married couples living together,
- 27.40% of all households were made up of individuals, 1
- 1.70% had a female householder with no husband present,
- 33.00% were non-families.
- 27.70% under the age of 18,
- 9.40% from 18 to 24,
- 30.00% from 25 to 44,
- 21.50% from 45 to 64, and
- 11.40% who were 65 years of age or older.
Male/Female - For every 100 females there were 95.90 males.
Median income - $42,671
Median family income - $52,708.
Male median income - $39,202
Female median income - $25,980
Per capita income - $21,544.